It’s the most wonderful time of the year! No, really. It is. It’s also a time of the year for celebrations, exchanging gifts, and enjoying time with friends and family. One of my favorite celebrations to attend is my children’s Christmas program at school. They sing and dance, have a cookie exchange with all the kids in the class, and it’s a really fun morning for adults and kids alike. I also like to bring a gift for the teacher to say “thanks for taking care of my kid every day!”
I decided to make yummy Jam Thumbprint Cookies for my middle son’s class this year. These cookies have been one of my favorite types of cookie since I was a little girl. They’re pretty simple to make and they come out delicious! For my son’s teacher, I decided to give her the gift of coffee! Not just any coffee, but the gift of Eight O’Clock Coffee Infusions! The way I see this gift is, when you’re hanging out with 12 four-year-olds all day the least I can do is give you some coffee to make your day a bit brighter in the morning!
Jam Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
Ready to whip up these awesome little Jam Thumbprint Cookies for your next cookie exchange party (or your kiddo’s class party)?! Here’s what you’ll need to get started…
– 1 stick softened butter
– 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
– 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons water
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– raspberry jam (or strawberry, or whatever flavor you’d like!)
First, beat butter in mixer on high until fluffy. Add in confectioners sugar, vanilla, and salt.
Next, reduce mixer speed and gradually add in flour. If dough is too crumbly gradually add in water to help it stick.
Now, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Roll cookie dough into small balls, about 1/2 tablespoon at a time. Put granulated sugar into a shallow bowl and toss dough balls to coat.
Place dough balls on baking sheet. Gently use your thumb to press into the center of each ball to create a small well.
Bake cookies until firm, 13-15 minutes. When you remove the baking sheet from the oven allow the dough to cool a bit, then further define the well of each cookie with your thumb.
Fill each well with approximately 1/2 teaspoon of jam. Let cookies rest until the jelly sets.
Serve and enjoy with Eight O’Clock Coffee Infusions!
If you’re wondering exactly what is Eight O’Clock Coffee Infusions, I’ll tell you! Basically, Eight O’Clock Coffee has developed new varieties of coffee blended with added ingredients for an enhanced coffee experience. Here’s a quick overview of the different varieties:
- Alert Hi-Caffeine: A careful selection of 100% Arabica beans are medium roasted for a bold, robust flavor and gently blended with caffeine and guarana to help brighten your day.
- Relax Decaffeinated: A careful selection of decaffeinated 100% Arabica beans are gently roasted for a smooth, well balanced, flavorful finish and blended with cuts of chamomile and lavender to help soothe and relax you. A perfect combination to enjoy as you unwind.
- Super Spice: Gently roasted and blended with turmeric and cinnamon for a smooth, mild spiced flavor to awaken your senses.
- B6 Metabolism: Gently blended with a fruit and herbal blend rich in Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 helps support normal energy-yielding metabolism.
- Acai Glow: Gently blended with acai berry for a rich, fruity, vibrant flavor. A lively combination to help invigorate your day.