This post was sponsored by the Maker of OxiClean™ through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about their White Revive™ Laundry Stain Remover, all opinions are my own.
Many of my readers know that our family is in the process of moving. My husband was relocated for a new position with his company and the past few months have been a whirlwind trying to get everything in order for our move. Due to the relocation, we are selling our home in South Florida.
Keeping the house in showing condition with two little boys (and our dogs) throughout the Summer has been quite interesting!
Since we want our home to look it’s best for prospective buyers, here are some helpful tips for prepping your home to sell:
Top 5 Tips to Sell Your House – Home Staging Tips
1. Deep clean your home – make sure everything is looking squeaky clean! This includes floors, baseboards, ceiling fans, and linens. Mop, vacuum, or launder anything that’s not looking super shiny and bright.
Summer is the season of stains, isn’t it?! Between playing outside in the grass and dirt, and BBQ stains like ketchup and mustard, every time I turn around there’s another stain on something! Thankfully, OxiClean™ White Revive™ Stain Remover helps keep my linens looking their best and lets our family enjoy the best parts of summer without living in fear of stains, even though we are selling our home.
2. Fix anything that needs fixing – make all necessary repairs, caulk leaky showers, paint a scuffed up wall. No buyer wants to come into a home and make a checklist of things they need to do to a home before they move in. If your home is “move-in ready” it will present a lot better to prospective buyers.
3. Remove all clutter – This includes anything unnecessary from counter tops, closets, the pantry, and any other storage areas that are hot-spots of clutter build up. Don’t forget to remove all laundry from the laundry room, too!
Decluttering will help to make sure your home looks open and spacious! Removing bulky pieces of furniture will also be helpful.
4. Neutralize and remove most personal photos – This includes removing very taste specific decor, and bold distracting pieces. Put fresh white linens and new throw rugs in bathrooms. Paint walls back to white or neutral colors. You really want to allow a buyer to visualize their own family in the home.
5. Be aware of overwhelming smells. This includes pets, food, and other odor offenders. Don’t cook a meal before a showing the home, make arrangements for pets to not be in the home, and have a nice scented candle or air freshener. Bonus: running a load of laundry with OxiClean™ White Revive™ Stain Remover will not only keep your clothes and linens clean, but also fill the air with the fresh scent of clean laundry!