Now that my kids have been back to school for a few weeks I feel like I’ve kind of been running out of school lunch ideas for them. Do you feel like that a little bit? Like you were bringing your A- game to their lunchbox the first week of school…but then you start running out of ideas!
The thing is, I never want my kids to have the less-than-cool lunch at school, or feel like they have a lunch packing slacker for a mom (lol). So, I decided to come up with some fun, healthy, and easy lunch boxes for the kids that they’re sure to be proud to unpack at the lunch table!
One of the main keys to packing a practical, easy, delicious lunch for your kid’s lunchbox is to have a long running list of things that they like to eat. It’s so easy to get caught up in packing the same old thing every week, right?! Here are some helpful ideas that will keep your kiddo’s school lunch fresh and new each week…
Kids School Lunch Ideas
1. Quesadillas – chicken, cheese, or whatever filling your kids like
2. Shredded chicken with cheese and fruit/veggie on the side
3. Tuna fish or chicken salad on crackers, avocado slices, diced apples
4. Cheese and Turkey Roll-Ups with crackers (or as a sandwich)
5. Pasta with sauteed spinach and tomato
6. Mini pizzas (pita bread, sauce and cheese) with veggie toppings
7. Black beans and rice
8. Hamburger, turkey burger or veggie burger (chopped up to toddler size)
9. Spinach Ravioli
10. Turkey with mashed potato
11. Spaghetti and meatballs
12. Egg Salad Sandwich
13. Meatloaf with mashed sweet potato
14. Salami and cheese pinwheels with mustard
15. Pulled Pork sandwich
16. Pot Roast with steamed baby carrots
17. Tomato Soup with grilled cheese
18. Hot Dogs and ketchup for dipping
18. Mac n Cheese
19. Hard boiled eggs and cheese
20. Turkey and cheese pinwheels
Kids School Snack Ideas and Easy, Healthy Side Dish Items
Black or Kidney Beans
Mashed sweet potato
Celery (with or without ranch dressing)
From the Fridge:
Hard boiled egg
Annie’s Organic Yogurt
From the Pantry – Snack Attack:
Puffs or Cheerios
Mini Babybel Cheese
Annie’s Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks
Fruit Squeeze Pouch
Packing school lunch for my kids has gotten SO much easier now that I’ve started using Walmart’s online grocery pickup service. They have an amazing selection of fresh and healthy options, and even a large offering of brand name organic groceries, as well.
You simply order your groceries online, select a pick up time, and show up! Super easy…
Magically, the groceries are put into your car by friendly and skilled Walmart grocery specialists. Minutes later you’re on your way back home in no time. It’s pretty much the best thing since, well, sliced bread!
This super convenient service has changed my grocery shopping world. Not having to get out of the car with my two little boys (who can really do a number on a grocery store in the blink of an eye!) is seriously life changing.
Not to mention, this service is FREE! That’s right, there is NO fee to use the Walmart online grocery service. Woohoo!
My kids are at the age where they’re eager to help unload the groceries, so with their help and the help of Walmart, I’m basically off the hook for the hard labor of grocery shopping. This is the life, people!
To find out more about Walmart grocery pickup service please visit here. It will change your grocery shopping and lunch packing experience, too!
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Walmart. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.