I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
Can you believe it’s summer already? Beyond the fact that it’s super hot out here in South Florida, there’s also the pesky business of attempting to fit into a cute new bathing suit for summer (dun dun dunnnnnnn).
After losing a bunch of weight when I became a mom to my youngest son, I can honestly tell you that eating healthy was just as important, if not more important, than exercising while I was on my extreme weight loss journey.
This quick and healthy sausage skillet meal is an awesome meal idea for when you’re trying to eat healthy. It’s loaded with flavor from delicious vegetables and protein-packed sausage. The best part is the sausage I used is Johnsonville Naturals, with a very short ingredient line, but still full of flavor!
Here’s what you’ll need to put together this quick and easy sausage skillet meal that’s sure to please all of the hungry humans you have to feed:
Healthy & Quick Sausage and Veggie Skillet Recipe
– 1/2 onion, diced
– 1 red pepper, diced
– 1 green pepper, diced
– approximately 6 mini white potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin circles
– 1 zucchini, sliced into thin circles
– 1 pound (1 package) Johnsonville Natural Brats (I used Andouille flavor, but these are also available in white cheddar and jalapeno cheddar) sliced
– salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
1. First, heat enough olive oil to coat your skillet and add in the sliced sausage into the skillet over medium heat. Let the sausage cook for a few minutes, then once it’s sizzling, remove from the pan and set it aside for a moment.
2. Next, arrange the raw potato in a single layer in the skillet. Allow this to cook until lightly browned on one side, then flip the potato. Now, add in the rest of the raw veggies and let it all cook together for about 5- 10 minutes until tender. Add in salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
3. Add the sausage back into the skillet with the veggies. Cook together for another 5 minutes.
Serve hot (not scalding!) right from the pan. Or, grab some forks/spoons and plates and dig in! This is one very tasty one skillet meal!