This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayParty #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
You know those crazy busy days when you just work, work, work and can’t seem to get much else done? I’m not a huge fan of those kinds of days, to be honest. Who is, really?!
When things get super hectic, I’d much rather look forward to fun things and events that are coming up in the near future.
Exciting things like: weekend getaways (my husband and I just did a quick staycation in Miami Beach this past weekend), a night out with my girlfriends, or big Game Day sports events complete with entertaining friends at our home.
For those thrilling, adrenaline-pumping sports events, when we have friends over to watch the game, it is obviously a necessity to have yummy food for everyone to enjoy! I’m a serious cheese lover, and I also love my slow cooker. So, I recently whipped up an awesome recipe for Bacon Caprese slow cooker dip.
Cheese, on cheese, on cheese….plus bacon = SLAM DUNK!!
This slow cooker dip will knock the socks off of the guests at your next BIG Game Day party, for sure!
The flavors are amazing, and it looks awesome served in a hollowed out bread bowl, too! What’s great is that it can be easily eaten by digging a piece of toasted Italian bread into it. Which means everyone can grab some of this dip quickly, in between watching the game!
Ready to serve this up for your ball-loving fanatic friends?
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious Bacon Caprese Slow Cooker Dip for your next Game Day party:
Bacon Caprese Slow Cooker Dip
– 6 slices of bacon (cooked in frying pan)
– 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
– (3) 8oz packages of cream cheese
– 4 cups mozzarella cheese (16 oz) shredded (or if you diced up if you use a larger piece of mozzarella)
-1/2 cup shredded/grated parmesan cheese
-1/2 cup milk
-handful fresh basil leaves
-handful chopped fresh tomatoes
1. First, set your slow cooker to the “high” setting and place all of the cheeses and milk into the slow cooker. It is important that you place the cream cheese on the bottom of the slow cooker and try to keep the parmesan cheese on top of the other cheeses. It melts much quicker, so this placement will avoid it burning.
2. Next, fry the bacon in the frying pan, and set on a paper towel to cool. Retain approximately 2 tbsp bacon grease in the frying pan (you’ll need these in the next step.)
3. Crumble bacon and return to 3/4 of the bacon to the pan with the sun dried tomatoes. (Reserve 1/4 of the bacon to top the finished dip) Fry for a few minutes on medium high heat, until tomatoes are a bit softened.
4. Head over to your slow cooker and pour the bacon and sun dried tomato mixture into the slow cooker. The cheeses may still be lumpy and not completely melted. Mix all ingredients together very well. Important: Switch your slow cooker to LOW now.
5. Allow the rest of the cheese to melt and check back on the slow cooker in approximately 1/2 hour. (Slow cooker temperatures vary, so just keep an eye out to make sure the cheese doesn’t burn around the side walls of the slow cooker).
6. Once the cheese has completely melted (in about 30 more minutes) this slow cooker dip looks beautiful when served in a hollowed out bread bowl for your party guests. (I don’t recommend leaving it in the slow cooker to serve this particular cheese dip.)
7. Top the finished slow cooker dip with remaining bacon crumbles, freshly diced tomatoes, and fresh basil.
Serve and enjoy!!
For your next big Game Day Party, try serving this super delicious and rich Bacon Caprese Slow Cooker Dip with Black Box Wines. The flavors from the cheese and bacon pair wonderfully with the smooth taste of this super-premium quality wine. In fact, Black Box Wines have won over 50 Gold Medals for its quality…pretty impressive, I’d say!
Black Box Wines are SO convenient for parties since they’re portable, and have an easy spout that can fill up a glass fast. Which means everyone at the party can get back to watching the game and cheering for your team, instead of taking a time-out to shuffle around traditional glass wine bottle. Plus, Black Box Wines stay fresh for up to 6 weeks!
Actually, one box of Black Box Wine is equivalent to (4) 750ml bottles of wine! I love how much space Black Box Wine saves on my table, and how much less waste these eco-friendly boxes produce versus glass bottles. Plus, Black Box Wines are available for 40% less than comparable bottled wines. More for less? Count me in!
For my Game Day Party, I plan to pair my decadent Bacon Caprese Slow Cooker Dip with Black Box Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Pinot Grigio.
Let’s be real, what could be better than enjoying the flavors of warm, cheesy, bacon-y, delicious dip paired with your favorite Black Box Wine, while cheering on your favorite team to victory?? Not much, my friends!
What other yummy appetizers or party food would you serve with Black Box Wine at your next BIG Game Day Party?