This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReThinkColour #CollectiveBias
My husband and I are big believers in ‘date night’. With so much time spent attending to everyone and everything else during the week, date night is time for just us! It’s a chance to go out together, and reconnect as a couple. Yes, we love our kids. Yes, we enjoy spending oodles of time with them. But, date night is a special treat to go out alone as just the two of us…and we really, really look forward to it.
We went out to dinner this weekend (thank you Grandma for watching the kids!), and I decided to do something a little different with my hair. Normally, I just leave my hair down and straight (it’s naturally super straight so this is generally the easiest hair style for me).
So, for our night this past weekend, I decided to curl my hair a bit, and add some boho inspired braids to it. I really like how this hair style came out. This is a great look for day or night, and it’s really easy to do! This would also be super cute for Valentine’s Day, which is right around the corner…can you believe that?!
I also have 2 other braided styles that you can easily recreate on your hair for a fun look. All 3 of these looks can be done in about 5 minutes. I love that these can be done quickly, because I don’t have a ton of time to spend on my hair. I need quick and easy hair styles that still look cute and pulled together. If you’re also pressed for time but want a hair style that’s out of your ordinary routine, look no further!
First up, I’ll show you how to recreate this half up, half down boho chic style braided hair look. Here’s how you’ll do it:
Boho Chic Style – Half Up Half Down Braided HairStyle
1. Start with wavy hair. To make my hair wavy I used a curling wand.
2. Next, you’ll braid 2 sections of your hair on each side of your head. These should be thin braids, which you’ll secure at each end with a small hair rubber band.
3. Then, criss cross the braids at the back of your head.
4. Now, secure the braids with bobby pins.
5. I gave my hair a little extra volume with some hair spray to revive the waves. Since my hair is naturally very straight, a little extra hair spray helps to hold it in place a bit longer.
That’s it! Your cute boho chic style inspired braided hair look is done!
Speaking of braided hair styles, this messy bun with a side braid is another adorable look that is super easy to do! You could wear this hair style either everyday, or to mix things up once in a while. It’s so fast to do, but adds a little something extra to a normal bun.
Messy Bun with Side Braid Hair Style for Long Hair
1.First, part your hair and make a long braid on the side of your head.
2. The braid shouldn’t be too thin, and if you have thicker hair you can make the braid a bit thicker.
3.Next, take the rest of your hair and pull it back into a bun. Secure with an elastic that is the same color as your hair.
4. Now, pull the side braid back to the bun and wrap it around the bun. Secure the braid with bobby pins (or another elastic if you’d like).
5. That’s it! You now have an adorable messy bun with a cute side braid. I adore this look! It’s definitely boho chic style and can be worn everyday or for a special occasion.
Long Messy Braid
Last, if all else fails, I will usually pull all of my hair back and just quickly braid it.
This is super easy to do, very quick, and I think this looks so cute.
To keep my hair looking it’s best, no matter which hair style I’m wearing, I’ve been using the new John Frieda Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening Shampoo and Conditioner and John Frieda Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™Colour Deepening Treatment.
My hair is naturally brown, but to amp it up I love this line of hair products! They add a boost of brunette to natural or color treated hair for a deeper, darker, more vibrant looking hair color. It’s like an instant hair makeover in the shower. For a gal who is always short on time, I appreciate the convenience of being able to get gorgeous hair right in my shower!
John Frieda Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ is available at your local Target store. I bought all 3 of the Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ products and got a $5 Target gift card back! Saving money at Target is one of my favorite things ever, so this promotion definitely excited me. You can do the same from now through March 5th – be on the look for the special promotion at the end cap display of the hair care aisle!
What are your favorite time-saving hair looks that you use regularly? Let me know!