When I first decided to start Stitch Fix about 7 months ago, I did it on a whim and had no real expectations of what I was going to receive in my monthly deliveries from my new personal stylist. Now, as I await the arrival of my next box of Stitch Fix clothes, I’ve realized there’s some great tips and tricks to get the best clothes from your Stitch Fix stylist.
Your stylist wants to make you happy, and wants you to love your clothes! They draw a lot of inspiration for what they’re going to send you from what YOU tell them. So, that’s they main key. You’ve got to tell them what you want. Otherwise, how is a complete stranger supposed to pick five pieces of clothing and accessories that you’re absolutely going to love? It’s nearly impossible!
However, with a few strategic moves, you’ll be on your way to totally loving each Stitch Fix shipment you receive.
How to Get the Best Stitch Fix Clothes
1. STYLE PROFILE – Make sure you fill out your style profile completely and honestly. It will ask you questions about your clothing preferences, the size you wear in various articles of clothing, and more. It’s very thorough and it’s absolutely imperative that you fill it out.
2. PINTEREST – Communicating with your stylist via Pinterest is a super easy. In my opinion, it’s almost as important as your style profile, and maybe a smidge more important. Why? This is an amazing tool to give your stylist a very visual idea of exactly what kinds of clothes you like. Make sure you’re Pinning stuff you actually like, though!
To do this, you’ll first have to create a dedicated Stitch Fix Style board on Pinterest. For example, here is the link to mine. Then, in your Stitch Fix style profile there’s a place to include a link to your dedicated Stitch Fix Style board.
3. Make sure to leave a note for your stylist before each new Fix arrives –
When you schedule your new Stitch Fix shipment you have a chance to leave a personal note for your Stitch Fix stylist. Definitely do this! It’s worth the few minutes of effort. Be sure to let your stylist know if you have any special occasions coming up, have your eye on any particular item of clothing (although they can’t always send the exact thing, they can usually send something similar). Also, leave a link to a photo of you wearing an item that came in your last box so your stylist can see how it fit you.
4. Follow Stitch Fix on social media – This is important so you can keep up with the new pieces of clothing they have, and you can try to request something you see (or something similar).
5. Be sure to leave feedback at checkout – After you’ve received your Stitch Fix box, tried on the clothes, kept what you like, sent back what you didn’t (or kept it all!), you’ll then check out and pay your invoice. There’s a feedback form for each item of clothing that was in your Stitch Fix delivery. It asks how you liked the piece and how the item fit you. Filling that out is super helpful to your stylist so they know what you like.
I hope these tips have helped you to better know how to get the best Stitch Fix clothes in your Fixes each month! You can check out my previous Stitch Fix boxes (with video, too!) here: My Stitch Fix reviews
You can get your own Stitch Fix stylist and receive super fun monthly boxes of clothing by signing up here: Sign up for your own personal stylist!
FYI: I am a Stitch Fix affiliate, and will receive a small amount for referring you to this amazing subscription service. I pay full price for my Stitch Fix boxes, and give honest feedback of the clothing I receive each month. Join me in this fun clothing adventure, too!