This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SamsClubMag #CollectiveBias
This past week I did a lot of shopping. Not surprising, since shopping is my favorite sport. However, this was more than the usual amount of retail therapy, because we had our kids combined birthday party on Saturday.
I stopped at Sam’s Club to pick up a bunch of supplies for the party, and other regular household items as well. I love how Sam’s Club is a one-stop-shop for pretty much everything you could possibly ever need in your life!
I ended up coming across a huge 54 ounce container of organic, unrefined coconut oil. I mean, obviously I had to buy it! I love coconut oil and use it for such a wide variety of uses in our home.
Coconut oil is my best friend when I’m cooking. I’ve replaced most other types of oil with it in our home. Whether it’s used to grease a pan or actually in a recipe, it’s fabulous. (These coconut honey cookies with coconut oil are amazing, by the way!)
I also love using coconut oil on my babies, and it’s a great replacement for diaper rash cream. It also makes a super hydrating hair conditioner. I use it on the ends of my hair and it’s awesome. The best thing I’ve made with the coconut oil I picked up at Sam’s Club is a decadent whipped body butter. You have got to try this!
Here’s what you’ll need to whip up your own batch of this heavenly skin food…
Whipped Coconut Body Butter
– 1 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
– 1/4 cup cocoa butter
– 2 teaspoons raw honey
1. First, melt together cocoa butter and honey. You can do this either on the stove top or the microwave.
2. Add the melted ingredients to the coconut oil.
3. Mix together well until coconut oil is also melted and the mixture is an even consistency. You may notice that the honey will settle on the bottom no matter how much you mix it. Don’t worry, it will blend together in the next few steps.
4. Put the mixture into the fridge or freezer until it’s back into a solid form (approximately 10-15 minutes).
5. Next, using a mixer or wire whisk, whip the mixture until it’s a fluffy blend.
6. Last, spoon the whipped body butter into your favorite glass container and enjoy! (FYI – this recipe ends up fitting perfectly into a pint size glass jar)
You’ll love how soft, smooth, and silky your skin feels after rubbing this on.
Want more ideas on how to live a healthier lifestyle? Be sure to check out the awesome Sam’s Club Healthy Living Magazine. It’s jam-packed with tons of valuable information and articles about everything from: healthy food to health screenings. Speaking of, be sure to get your free in-store health screening on September 12th at your local Sam’s Club.