This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #L2LMom #CollectiveBias
I was shopping at Walmart with my younger son this week to look for some last-minute Mother’s Day gift ideas. We already have gifts for my Mom and Mother-in-Law ready to go, so we were on the hunt for something for my best friend who is a super busy mom of two little kids.
We were browsing around (note the multiple distraction devices to keep this little dude entertained: sunglasses, pinwheel, cereal…) and in the housewares section I came across a really nice gallon-sized glass jar. I thought it would be perfect to make a Mother’s Day gift in a jar with, and fill it with lots of goodies to help my friend unwind after a long day.
We then headed over to the beauty aisles and spotted the Love2Love Fragrances display filled with beautiful bottles of perfume and super cute gift bags (that are only 50 cents – score!).
I sprayed and smelled the 5 different fragrances, and decided that I definitely had to buy some for Mother’s Day. They smell so good!
The scents to choose from are: Fresh Rose + Peach, Jasmine + Sparkling Mimosa, Bluebell + White Tea, Freesia + Violet Petals, Orange Blossom + White Musk.
We picked up two bottles of Love2Love: a bottle of Bluebell + White Tea and a bottle of Freesia + Violet Petals.
We also bought some other items to go inside of our “Mommy Time” Mother’s Day gift in a jar: nail polish, bath pouf, pumice stone, and ingredients to make homemade bath bombs.
Homemade DIY Bath Bombs Recipe
Bath Bombs are really awesome! They fizz and dissolve in the bath, releasing a essential oils, scent, and other goodness into the bath water to give you the most relaxing bath experience ever. So, these are a must for Mommy Time!
To make the homemade bath bombs here’s what you’ll need…
– 1 cup baking soda
– 1/2 cup cream of tartar
– 1/4 cup epsom salt (this is what I used)
– tea (I mixed in the contents of 3 Passion Tea sachets, but you can use almost any type of tea)
– lavender essential oil
– 1/4 cup carrier oil (I used unrefined, organic coconut oil and organic almond oil)
– approximately 1 ounce of water to be added in slowly
optional: 2 tsp bentonite clay
1. First, combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Then, add in essential oil, and carrier oil(s).
3. Slowly add in water. Mixture will begin to fizz a bit.
4. Mush ingredients together with your hands. (TIP- If it seems crumbly then you need a bit more water. If it seems too wet, then add a bit more baking soda.)
5. Spoon mixture into silicone mold and let it dry overnight (needs approximately 10-12 hours drying time to set)
6. Wrap in clear cellophane bags and tie with a pretty ribbon for gift giving in your jar.
WANT MORE NATURAL SKIN CARE RECIPES?
Try this natural homemade Glamglow inspired recipe for an awesome face mask!
Whip up this coconut oil body butter for the softest skin ever!
Exfoliate with this delicious scented cocoa sugar scrub.
Mother’s Day “Mommy Time” Gift in a Jar
The Mother’s Day gift in jar came out really adorable, and I know that my BFF is going to love it!! Especially the amazing smelling Love2Love perfume! Can’t wait to hear how much she enjoyed relaxing in the tub with the bath bombs, and then smelling like heavenly Bluebell + White Tea.